Thursday, August 22, 2013

A little background...

So before I start off this blog rambling about everyday life, I figured it would be a good thing if I caught you up to date with what has happened in my life thus far. Before I had children, let’s just be honest, I was a crazy twenty year old with no direction what so ever. I had no idea what I wanted to do at that moment besides go out and party with friends, let alone no idea what the heck I wanted to do for the rest of my life career & college degree wise. My parents were quite frankly fed up with my antics & having a grandmother with a doctorate and a mother with a bachelor’s degree meant I had better do something soon before they strangled me. I chose dental assisting, as it was the quickest easiest thing for me to do at that point in time. Once I finished the schooling I realized I needed to get the heck out of town. It was obvious to me and everyone else I was hanging with the wrong crowd and getting into trouble I shouldn’t be in. I had always wanted to move so I did. I ended up moving in with my grandmother, about 12 hours north of where I lived before - while working at a dental office so I could save up some money before getting my own place. This was the last place I wanted to live, but I had a job and this was the most accomplished I had been since high school, my parents were pleased and I wasn’t about to screw that up. It didn’t take long before I was bored out of my mind, missing my friends and wanted to meet new people, so I did exactly that. Long story short – I met someone and after only talking for a few weeks, and seeing each other maybe a handful of times, tequila took over and two weeks later…BAM. I was twenty years old and pregnant. I could barely take care of myself let alone another child – not to mention by someone I barely even knew. Reality quickly set in and I made a doctor’s appointment. All it took was that first ultrasound and first heartbeat and any doubt I had that I couldn’t do it disappeared. I loved that child from that first glimpse. My baby was a little flutter on a screen, but it was mine and I loved it. Fast forward to 32 weeks of pregnancy, we were expecting a little baby boy. That week I had felt sicker than usual, something just didn’t feel quite right and intuition kicked in. I decided to go up to the woman’s center to get checked out, expecting that I was just being overly anxious and crazy and that nothing would be wrong. All would be okay with me and baby & id get to go back home. Well I thought wrong. The next morning after spending all night hooked up to iv’s in the hospital my doctor came in and explained that I had severe preeclampsia and that neither he or the hospital in the small town I lived in was capable of caring for a premature baby. They then put me in an ambulance and rushed me to another hospital three hours away. I was freaking the fuck out. After two days at that hospital and running hundreds of tests, and ultrasounds they decided I needed to have my son ASAP before things got any worse.  I was given steroid shots that night and induced the next morning. The doctors had recommended to me that I should have a c section because it was safer for the baby, but I was so against it and I wanted to at least try. After 9 hours of labor I begged for a c section, begged.  At 12:18 pm on September 3rd, 2010 – I gave birth to a tiny 3 pound 6 ounce little boy named Memphis Ryan Stephens. He was healthy and perfect in every little way. Fast forward to December 2010, I became a single mother. I decided to go back to school and move back with my grandmother so she could help me with Memphis. It was rough. I love the saying “you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” It is SO TRUE. All I’m going to say is that, that relationship was not meant to be and I knew that from the beginning. I just wanted to give it my all, for my son. It took me a year to realize my son and I would be better off on our own. After a few months I met, my husband. I met him on my birthday in 2011, and from the minute he came up to me and asked me to sit next to him, the rest was history.  He was amazing.  He treated me like a complete princess and I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  We decided we wanted a child of our own together. He had already met Memphis and was amazing with him and I wasn’t so crazy about having another baby because I had literally just had Memphis, but he had convinced me. On May 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm I gave birth to a healthy six pound fifteen ounce little boy named Mayson Carter Silvestri. That’s right; I have TWO rambunctious little boys – eighteen months apart! It is crazy but I love how close they are and I wouldn’t have it any other way. My husband and I were married on September 29, 2012. We are now a family of four and happy as can be. I would have never ever in a million years pictured this when I day dreamed about my life and what I would do when I was older, who I would marry, how many kids I would have. I am extremely blessed and lucky to have all that I have. I took a semester off of school this past January and my husband and I decided I should just stay being a stay at home mom. It is the most rewarding position for me and I can’t picture myself doing anything else. I have fallen in love with being a mother and obsessing over these perfect little humans I created. My husband and I are so obsessed that we are crazy enough to want a third child. Yes that’s correct, a THIRD child. We decided before marriage on having three children, my husband is the youngest of three, and I am the oldest of three. Which leads into my next post… miscarriage and trying to conceive baby numero tres. 

Mayson Carter - Left. Memphis Ryan - Right. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment